Recommend Us | About Us | Back to Bernama.com

News | Financial Calculator | Home Financing | Archived News |

 

  Welcome to Bernama Banking & Finance Special Page     
 
Bank Muamalat, SJKP launch Smart Mortgage - SJKP
Last update: 22/10/2019

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 22  --  Bank Muamalat  Malaysia Bhd has allocated RM70 million under the Smart Mortgage-SJKP scheme for its first-year implementation, targeting 300 customers.

Its head of Consumer Banking Zury Rahimee Zainal Abiden said the scheme, which proposed a profit-sharing ratio of five per cent, was to allow those from the low-income group or without fixed-income to own their first house, priced at RM300,000 and below.

The scheme was launched following an agreement between the bank and Syarikat Jaminan Kredit Perumahan (SJKP) Bhd that was signed today to provide special housing financing scheme for B40 group.  

“The scheme will be guaranteed by SJKP to help those without monthly income statement to own a house,” he told reporters at the signing ceremony, followed by the launch of the scheme here today.

The scheme is aimed at fishermen, farmers, factory workers, petty traders, taxi drivers and general workers, among others.

It is opened to Malaysians aged 18 years and above with a minimum monthly net income of RM1,000. 

Meanwhile, SJKP general manager Azlan Mohd Agel said the collaboration was in line with the government’s agenda to see every family own a house.

“The scheme is not just to buy new houses but also for sub-sales and auction houses,” he said.

Established on Oct 1, 1999,  Bank Muamalat  is a 70 per cent owned by DRB-Hicom Bhd while the remaining 30 per cent stake belongs to Khazanah Nasional Bhd.

Meanwhile, SJKP Bhd is wholly-owned by the Minister of Finance, Incorporated.

-- BERNAMA


 <Back>

Petronas to collaborate with Bank Muamalat on VFP
Bank Muamalat named Khairul Kamarudin as new CEO

 
Bank Muamalat aims to have 15,000 merchants using QR scanning next year

FWD Takaful injects RM5 million for para athletes in preparation for 2020 Paralympics
Malaysia’s Lonpac Insurance Bhd has excellent credit ratings - AM Best

 
Japan non-life insurance segment has stable outlook - AM Best

CLOSING, THURSDAY, NOV 21
US4.1680/1710
S'pore3.0607/0633
100 Yen3.8404/8435
Sterling5.3946/3002
Euro4.6202/6252
Source: Bank Negara Malaysia

Reduction in the overnight policy rate (OPR) by Bank Negara Malaysia would be good for consumer spending and investment;
Yes
No
Not sure
 
  Main | News | Insurance

© 2019 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy| Security Policy
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution